Deadline: January 29, 2023
Applications are open for the Your Big Year Global Citizens Challenge 2023. Your Big Year is challenging young leaders across USA, Canada and the world to build positive bridges between diverse cultures! If you want to create long-lasting friendships, learn new skills and make a real impact – Apply for the Your Big Year Global Citizens Challenge!
The 4-day Global Citizens Challenge is an online, dynamic programme that provides young people with a transformative, and collaborative way to meet and work with peers from around the world. By participating, you will gain skills in digital collaboration, social impact, cultural understanding, and learn about future career-building opportunities directly from professionals.
The Global Citizens Challenge consists of:
- Penpal Sessions – interactive hangout video calls with other participants
- Interactive Activities & Virtual Passports – team based group work with your peers
- Industry Speakers – presentations and panel discussions from amazing speakers from the travel and tourism industry
- International Action Hub – immersive brainstorming and collaborative work through an interactive virtual space
- Applicant must be 15 – 20 years old.
- Must have parent approval for 15–17 year old applicants as confirmed by agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- They sincerely encourage you to apply without regard to ancestry, colour, physical or mental disability, place of origin, race, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.
They will select up to 200 youth (75 based in North America, 125 based worldwide). They seek self-motivated, diverse participants who bring to their work passion, energy and a desire to learn. They do not measure people by traditional credentials; they are seeking people who align with their values:
- You value the power of travel (even if you haven’t had the opportunity to travel yet!)
- You are passionate about making a change
- You are eager to learn about different cultures directly from peers with different backgrounds
- You want to work with like-minded people
- You wish to grow as a young professional in an online experience
- You wish to grow personally through this opportunity, including understanding yourself and your passions
- You want to make an impact in your life and in your world
To be considered for one of the participant places, an applicant must have a completed application by 11:59 p.m. PDT, 29 January, 2023. If an applicant has applied after the deadline, they will be put onto a mailing list for future opportunities.
For more information, visit Global Citizens Challenge.