Deadline: August 19, 2022
Applications are open for the USAID GISR MENA Grant 2022 for Climate Change & Environmental Solutions. Through the USAID-funded Governance Integration for Stabilization and Resilience in the Middle East and North Africa (GISR MENA) Task Order, USAID is seeking climate change and environmental solutions from youth-led or youth-serving organizations across the MENA region.
For the purposes of this competition, youth are defined as those between the ages of 10-35 years of age. Organizations are invited to submit applications for a regional grant competition where up to eight organizations will be selected and receive up to $62,000 to implement their proposed climate initiatives. Selected grantees will also receive guidance and mentorship from climate experts throughout implementation, as well as organizational and advocacy capacity strengthening support.
- Organizations interested in applying must be locally registered in one of the following countries: Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Jordan, Tunisia, West Bank/Gaza or Yemen;
- Interested applicants should note that only activities carried out in areas controlled by the Government of the Republic of Yemen in southern Yemen will be considered for funding under this application;
- Organizations must be youth-led (leadership under 35 years of age) or serve young people (implementing initiatives that support and benefit young people).
- Organizations led or serving young people from marginalized groups, which may include age, gender, disability, race, and other identities, are encouraged to apply.
- Additional information about eligibility and competition is included in the application.
For more information, visit USAID.