Deadline: October 20, 2023
Applications are open for the USAID “Democracy, Human Rights and Governance” Photo Contest 2023. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is accepting applications for the annual DRG Photo Contest to promote, protect, and deepen democracy, human rights, and good governance around the globe.
Examples of DRG-related photos include (but are not exclusive to):
- Anti-Corruption, Accountability, Civil Society, Climate Change and DRG, Community Mobilizing, Democratic Reformers, Digital Democracy/Technology, Countering Trafficking in Persons, Elections, Gender, Global Labor, Human Rights, Information Integrity, Integration, Inclusion, Media, People-Centered Justice, Rule of Law, Summit for Democracy, Transparency, and Youth.
- They specifically ask you not to submit photos of meetings or presentation.
- Winners and finalists will be highlighted (and voted on) during the 2023 DRG Global Gathering in November, featured in an Agency-wide USAID Medium blog, and various external and internal USAID websites, publications, and products.
- They will accept:
- High-resolution, high-quality digital photos that are at least 1024 pixels or larger (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch. Send the highest resolution photo possible (at least 1MB) in JPG or JPEG format. If you are using Photoshop, send only level 7 or higher compressed photos. Scanned photos will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Each photo caption must include:
- The name of the photographer and organizational affiliation (if applicable).
- A robust caption, which includes a description of who is in the photo, what they are doing, and how it relates to USAID’s work (can include old projects that have been continued beyond USAID’s initial support).
- The city and country in which it was taken, and
- The month, day, and year during which it was taken (approximation is okay).
- Individuals may submit up to five entries.
- Send only the photo file(s). You may include a separate document with captions.
Send to DRG Communications and Outreach Specialist, Jessica Benton Cooney: [email protected] with all the submission requirements and attached photo(s).
For more information, visit DRG Photo Contest.