Application Deadline: 4th June 2023.
The School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham is thrilled to announce six scholarships generously funded by DeepMind, that are open to applicants currently holding either a conditional offer or unconditional offer for the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to apply for.
The University of Birmingham, with support from DeepMind, is committed to increasing accessibility to and enhancing diversity of underrepresented groups in computer science. The MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is a fantastic opportunity for students with a passion and interest in AI to pursue an exciting and rewarding career. AI systems are becoming ever-more embedded in our lives, and ensuring diversity in expertise is essential to make sure they are fair for our entire society.
These scholarships will enable talented students to take the next step towards fulfilling their ambitions of a career in some of the most innovative and sought-after areas of industry and research.
Applicants wishing to apply for the scholarship should meet one OR both of the following criteria:
- Identify as female OR Identify as Black African, Black Caribbean or other Black ethnicity.
Applicants must also:
- Be able to demonstrate (if required) that they would not be able to take up the offer of admission without financial assistance
- Have already received a conditional/unconditional offer to study the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the University of Birmingham
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and would be classified as UK for fee paying purposes, OR be classed as an international student for fee paying purposes
Applications will be considered by a selection panel at the School of Computer Science and shortlisted based on the above eligibility categories, and providing any additional supporting documentation and evidence (if required).
The DeepMind scholarship offer may be ‘conditional’ until academic offer conditions are met in full (provision of academic results, outstanding offer conditions, etc.).
The three International scholarships available are valued at £52,565. The value of the scholarship is applied against:
- International tuition fees – £27,540
- A maintenance grant of £19,345 (to use for living costs), paid in instalments over the duration of the course
- Funding of up to £2,200 to attend an international conference in the field of AI and/or Machine Learning during the course as well as £1,700 towards purchase of essential equipment (suitable laptop etc.).
How to Apply
Applications can only be accepted from offer holders of the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
International applicant process and deadline:
Once you have received an offer from our central Admissions Office, you will be sent an email with a direct application link, in order to apply for the DeepMind scholarship. (If you already hold an offer, you will also receive this email.) Please note, that the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is part of a gathered field admissions process for international applications, with three official Stages of consideration.
The final scholarship application deadline will be 4th June 2023.
Applications will be shortlisted and suitable candidates contacted for interview in the first two weeks of June 2023. Further information will be shared directly with offer holders regarding the process.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the University of Birmingham DeepMind Scholarships