The TWAS-Lenovo Science Award is one of the most prestigious honours given to scientists from the developing world. In 2020 the award will be given for outstanding achievements in Agricultural Sciences.
Lenovo is a US$50 billion Fortune Global 500 company, with 57,000 employees and operating in 180 markets around the world. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society. By designing, engineering and building the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices and infrastructure, we are also leading an Intelligent Transformation – to create better experiences and opportunities for millions of customers around the world.
Eligibility Criteria for TWAS-Lenovo Science Award 2020
The TWAS-Lenovo Science Award will carry a monetary award of USD100,000 provided by Lenovo, as well as a medal and a certificate highlighting the recipient’s major contributions to science. The award will be presented to the recipient at a special ceremony arranged by TWAS.
For the 2020 edition of the award, TWAS will consider candidates with world-class achievements in Agricultural Sciences. The ‘TWAS-Lenovo Science Award’ nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line platform.The deadline to submit online nominations is 10 March 2020.
Nominations are invited from TWAS members, selected individuals, as well as from science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions. Nominations of women scientists are particularly encouraged. Self-nominations and nominations from jury members will not be accepted.
Candidates must be nationals of a developing country and must have lived and worked in a developing country for the last 10 years. The prize will only be awarded to individuals for scientific research of outstanding international merit carried out at institutions in developing countries. Jury members and previous winners of the Trieste Science Prize (also administered by TWAS) are not eligible for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Prize.
The evaluation and selection will be carried out by an authoritative international jury chaired by the TWAS president and including a representative from Lenovo
How to nominate a scientist
The ‘TWAS-Lenovo Science Award’ nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line platform by clicking on the “NEW NOMINATION” button at the bottom program website here
To resume working on saved nominations, click on the “RESUME” button at the bottom of this page.
The deadline for receiving nominations is 10 March 2020, however we strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline but submit the nomination as early as you can to enable us to process it as quickly as possible.
Before starting compiling the nomination, PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE MAXIMUM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details
- Nominee contact details (self nominations are not accepted) and general infomation on the nominee, including the country where he/she has been working and living in the past 10 years
- Brief suggested citation (no more than 15 words) highlighting the nominee’s outstanding scientific achievement in Agricultural Sciences
- Supporting statement of about 200 words summarizing the scientific achievements of the nominee
- 5-6 page narrative write-up of the candidate highlighting his/her major scientific achievements
- Information on PhD (degree, year, awarding institution)
- Information of any time spent abroad in the past ten years
- The nominee’s brief CV and her/his complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- A list of no more than 20 of his/her most significant publications.
- Information on previous awards, honours, recognition received by the nominee
- Google Scholar h-index and number of citations
- Authorization from the nominee to process his/her personal data for the purposes of his/her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform.
The deadline is 10 March 2020
The program website is https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-lenovo-science-award