Application Deadline: 1 February 2023
The Climate Story Fund supports compelling storytelling and impact campaigns from around the world that move us closer to a climate just and biodiverse future. The fund will support 6-8 projects with grants ranging between $50,000 to $100,000 per project.
The Climate Story Fund prioritizes climate stories centering the most affected, the unengaged and the underrepresented, and puts them at the center of the story. The Fund also prioritizes storytellers working in and from those communities, sharing narratives that resonate deeply with new and unengaged audiences, bringing them into critical conversations around climate justice.
- Applications must be submitted online via the Doc Society applications portal.
- All projects must be climate themed with an intention to implement an impact campaign. We don’t need you to be an impact expert but open to the idea
- To qualify for production funding, projects must complete production in 2023
- To qualify for impact funding, projects must pilot an impact campaign in 2023
- As part of the grant making for this fund, Climate Story Fund requires all grantees to attend an Impact Lab to connect with impact producers and climate experts, to help develop impact strategies and to craft impact campaigns that are built upon existing expertise and advocacy efforts to engage their intended audiences. Project teams must be able to attend our virtual Impact Lab during the week of 5-9 June 2023
- Projects from all over the world, these can be localised stories serving local communities, or projects suited to a global audience
- Projects from both new and established artists
- Creative nonfiction projects, including long form, shorts or episodic documentaries as well as podcasts and radio documentaries in production
- Completed creative nonfiction and fiction projects of any medium looking to pilot an impact campaign
|1 December 2022||Call for applications opens|
|11 January 2023||Climate Story Fund Q&A Webinar for interested applicants|
|1 February 2023||Call for applications closes at 11:59 PM PST|
|27-31 March 2023||Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to supply rough cuts (if ready) and extended materials|
|17-21 April 2023||Zoom interviews for shortlisted applicants|
|8-12 May 2023||Selected grantees will be notified|
|22-26 May 2023||Unsuccessful candidates will be notified|
|5-9 June 2023||Virtual Impact Lab week for all new grantees|
For More Information: