Application Deadline: 10 June 2023
The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is a six-month internship that intends to balance a dose of theory with real-world application and equip participants with the requisite multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities to think in more innovative ways to solve complex governance challenges. The Program is also a strategy to build a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to provide a sustainable path for good governance.
The core of our ambition is to train and nurture young people in an enabling working environment through a structured capacity development process. These will include training on transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills. Essentially, beyond the technical training in resource governance, interns will be exposed to the tools and guidance needed to set and achieve realistic personal and professional goals, coupled with well-rounded and ethical leadership training.
ACEP is calling for applications for the third cohort of its Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program. The tenure for the internship will be from July 2022 to December 2022.
Applicants must be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translates to sustainable and inclusive development. Among others, the candidate must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership.
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
ACEP will provide:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support.
- Creating room for creativity and innovation.
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.
- Decent accommodation for international interns.
There would be an entry test and an interview as part of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
For More Information: