Deadline: August 31, 2023
Applications are open for the Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Competition 2023. Photography 4 Humanity is a global photo contest supported by UN Human Rights that calls on photographers to bring to life the power of human rights through their images.
The 2023 Global Contest has turned its lens towards climate justice. Photography 4 Humanity believes climate change is a human rights issue, so they are looking for images that show people impacted by the escalating climate crisis. They include climate refuges, the very young, the very old, the disabled and injured, the poor, indigenous and island people, and women. Images of climate champions advocating for change, and those helping to mitigate and reverse climate change are welcome too.
- The 2023 Global Prize Recipient will receive $5,000 USD.
- The Global Prize Recipient, Top 10 Finalists and Top 20 Honorable Mentions photos will be exhibited globally on UN.org, beginning December 10, 2023 – UN Human Rights Day, and promoted globally via social media.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter.
- All photography must relate to people being impacted by climate change, and/or people trying to reverse and/or mitigate climate change.
- Must include photographer name, title, date, location and description of each photograph submitted.
- All images must have been taken within between September 1, 2022 and August 31, 2023.
All entries must be submitted between May 1, 2023 12:00PM EST and August 31, 2023 11:59AM PST.
For more information, visit Photography 4 Humanity.