Application Deadline: 17 October 2023.
The OCPP Ghana Scholarships, funded through the UK’s Blue Planet Fund, offer a unique opportunity for students from Ghana to undertake a fully funded Master’s in marine science.
Aimed at early to mid-career researchers from Ghana who wish to develop a career in marine science, the OCPP Scholarships Ghana will support world-class research in this area.
Hosted by the University of Cape Coast, the scholarships will enable scholars from Ghana to harness their regional knowledge, conduct vital research and help develop solutions to marine environmental problems.
The aim of the scholarships is to support scientific research that will contribute to the conservation and sustainable management of marine resources, and strengthen responses to marine environmental challenges. The scholarships will also make a positive and tangible impact on the livelihoods of coastal communities that depend on healthy marine ecosystems.
- Applicants for Master’s should be citizens of Ghana
- Applicants need to have already applied for admission to the University of Cape Coast, Ghana to be considered for the scholarship
- Should be working in or have significant experience of work in the areas of environment, fisheries and aquaculture science
- Should hold an undergraduate or bachelor’s-level degree
- Should propose a research topic which is innovative, timely, and likely to lead to clearly demonstrated wider impact beyond the academic community
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for postgraduate study at the University of Cape Coast, Ghana
Scholarships will be awarded to Masters’ students. Each successful recipient will be entitled to:
- Tuition fees (including general fees and health fees)
- Living allowance
- Research support grant
- Dependent, disability and maternity costs (case by case basis)
- MPhil Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- MPhil Aquaculture
- MPhil Blue Economy, Governance and Social Resilience
- MPhil Environmental Science
How to apply
- Applicants need to have already applied for admission to the University of Cape Coast, Ghana to be considered for a scholarship.
- Applications for the OCPP scholarships must then be completed through the online application form on the ACU website to be considered. If you don’t already have an ACU account, you will need to set one up by clicking ‘Get Started’, in the top right-hand corner of the application login page.
- OCCP Ghana Scholarship strongly advise applicants to read all of the application guidance and FAQs carefully, before starting their application, and then complete all questions in full.
For More Information: