The Nigerian Police academy (NPA) is the basic police training academy in Nigeria. It is the fasted and best route to join the Nigerian police force while getting a degree in the process. Graduates from the academy start as high ranking official of the Nigerian police. The Nigeria Police Academy Wudli 2019/2020 admission is here and you can learn how to apply in this article.
Table of Contents
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudli 2019/2020 call for application
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudli 2019/2020 requirements
- Available programs at NPA Wudli
- How to apply for Nigeria Police Academy Wudli 2019/2020 admission
- How to submit application
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudli Examination date
Nigeria Police Academy Wudli 2019/2020 call for application
Nigeria Police Academy (NPA), Wudil, Kano is inviting suitably qualified Nigerian citizens for admission into its 7th Regular Course degree programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will undergo a combined academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
Sale of online application forms for admission into the 6th Regular Course of degree programme of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, will commence on Monday, 22nd April, 219 and end on Monday 22nd July, 2019.
Nigeria Police Academy Wudli 2019/2020 requirements
- Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86cm (34 Inches for those between 21 and 22 years of age). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
- SSCE statement of results or certificates relating to examinations taken before 2015 will not be accepted.
Available programs at NPA Wudli
Below are available programmes (courses) available at NPA Wudli leading to a Bachelor’s degree:
Faculty Of Humanities (BA)
History & International Studies
Faculty Of Law
Faculty Of Social And Management Sciences (BSc)
Faculty Of Science (BSc)
How to apply for Nigeria Police Academy Wudli 2019/2020 admission
Follow these steps to apply for the Nigerian Police Academy 2019/2020 admission
1. Visit school portal
Visit the school portal at http://polac.edu.ng to get your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR)
2. Make payment
Use your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) to make payment of N3,000.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria or on Remita website
3. Score up to 180 in JAMB.
Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board [JAMB] as well as sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Candidates need not select the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil as a University of choice in the JAMB form. However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME scores of 180
How to submit application
All application submission will be online via http://polac.edu.ng. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form. Candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above, will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
Nigeria Police Academy Wudli Examination date
The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Selection Examination, will be Pencil and Paper Based (PPB). The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates. It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics.
Other sections are to be selected according to candidate’s Faculty of choice. It will be conducted on Saturday the 10th August, 2019. Only candidates who meet the Academy’s cut-off mark of 180 in UTME and above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at the 19 designated Centres. The list of Centres is in the Academy Website.
Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Card, current JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs (3.5×5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards. At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, Examination Centre and signature.
Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board screening and interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on the academy’s website and in some national newspaper.