Application Deadline:June 20, 2022 at 5:00 PM CET.
Forward is designed to equip the next generation of young talent with must-have practical skills to succeed in the future of work. It is a free online learning program focusing on the leadership, business, and digital skills that are relevant and transferrable across industries and roles.
Forward’s three-level, virtual learning program offers you access to McKinsey’s cutting-edge content and a community of peers. It equips you with practical skills and tools to apply throughout your career. Forward is launching in Africa, with plans to expand to other regions soon.
- Foundation level: Discover critical skills needed to thrive in the future of work with more than ten hours of introductory digital content.
- Advanced level Expand and apply your new skills through a six-week immersive journey with advanced digital content, bespoke virtual workshops, and peer learning.
- Network level: Join a vibrant community of peers and get access to content to help refresh your skills on your learning journey—and even discover how you can become a Forward coach too.
Forward is a training program. Participation in the program does not constitute collaboration or employment with McKinsey.
Structure and timeline
You will learn through a variety of online and virtual formats including highly interactive digital courses, workshops, and a group assignment with real-time peer feedback.
- Foundation level: 10 weeks, two hours per week
- Advanced level: 12 weeks, two hours per week
- Network level: Ongoing
You will gain skills and tools to:
- turn complex business challenges into opportunities using structured and creative thinking
- communicate with impact to move your audience to action
- apply agile ways of working and spot opportunities to use data and technology
- be adaptable, and build resilience and emotional awareness to work successfully–both independently and in teams, especially in times of change
To access Forward, you must meet the following criteria:
- currently reside in the African continent
- have at least one and no more than five years of formal work experience
- have completed post-secondary education (for example: diploma, associate degree, undergraduate degree)
- have a good command of the English language as the program will be conducted in English
Develop practical, must-have skills through highly interactive, self-paced digital courses. You will be introduced to adaptability, effective communication, problem-solving, new ways of working in a digital world, and more.
See your newfound skills come to life through an immersive journey of advanced digital content, bespoke virtual workshops, and a group assignment with real-time peer feedback. Develop your individual leadership style in a collaborative learning environment.
Join a vibrant global network of young life-long learners and get exclusive access to further learning and networking activities. You can also get involved and pay it forward by co-creating the future of the Forward program through different volunteering opportunities.
As a young professional embarking on your career at a time of unprecedented change in the nature of work, Forward will set you up for success by providing the following:
- practical content and skills that you can apply immediately on the job, including: digital and analytical capabilities to work and think in new ways; creative approaches to address complex business challenges and communicate effectively; and resilience and adaptability to work successfully independently and in teams
- a learning journey based on McKinsey’s cutting-edge content and delivered by expert facilitators
- a community of peers across borders to learn from and share experiences with as you build lasting relationships
For More Information: