The Korean government global scholarship program for 2020/2021 is here. The program is fully funded and Nigerians can apply. It is for global students. All Africans be it Ghana, Kenya, Uganda or others can apply. The opening is for undergraduate and postgraduates.
Table of Contents
- Purpose of the Korean government global scholarship program
- Available Options in Universities
- Total Candidates to be Selected for the Korean government global scholarship program
- Korea Language Training
- Application Procedure
- Scholarship Benefit
- Qualifications and requirements
- Procedure for the Scholarship Award
Purpose of the Korean government global scholarship program
Available Options in Universities
Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
Graduate course: Master’s or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
Total Candidates to be Selected for the Korean government global scholarship program
Korea Language Training
Here are the procedures to apply for the Korean government global scholarship program
|Announcement released||Sept. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
(Korean Embassies, designated universities)
|Oct.-Nov. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Mar.-Apr. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Results released||Jan. in the year of planned studies in Korea||June in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Arrival in Korea||Late Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea||Late Aug. in the year of planned studies|
|Actual cost||KRW 200,000||Under
than 5 million
KRW per semester)
Qualifications and requirements
Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
– Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
– Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
– Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
– Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
Applicants who have previously acheived in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
Procedure for the Scholarship Award
Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.