Deadline: July 10, 2022
Applications are open for the Global Youth Adaptation Summit 2022. Young people from around the world are gathering in Rotterdam to shape the Global Goal on Adaptation. The Global Center on Adaptation and its Youth Advisory Panel are convening the first Global Youth Adaptation Summit to bring together young leaders, decision-makers and experts for the most important youth gathering on adaptation ahead of COP27.
Participants of the two-day program will join capacity-building workshops in the field of leadership and adaptation, follow keynote speeches by experts in the field of climate action, and deliberate in working groups on a written outcome of the first Global Youth Adaptation Summit, to be presented to the Friends of GCA High-Level Dialogue and at the Pre-COP27. In addition, the Summit is a platform to exchange experiences in implementing adaptation solutions with young people from around the world. The Summit will be concluded with a shared meal by young leaders and high-level dignitaries in the field of international diplomacy.
By bringing young people’s views on adaptation to COP27, the Global Youth Adaptation Summit is contributing to the objectives of the Glasgow Sharm el-Sheikh Work Program.
The Global Youth Adaptation Summit aims to:
- Promote the consideration of youth inputs in the review of the Global Goal on Adaptation by bringing together young leaders and decision-makers.
- Facilitate the exchange of young people’s experiences in adaptation action, advocacy and policy-making from the around the world.
- Accelerate adaptation action by showcasing youth-led climate-resilient solutions, including the YouthAdapt winners.
- For participants living outside of the Netherlands and within Europe, there are several scholarships available to cover accommodation and travel to the Summit. Those interested in being considered for a fully-funded spot can register their interest in the application form.
- To minimize the carbon footprint of the Summit, only participants able reach the Summit by train will be invited to join in-person.
- Open to young people interested in shaping the international adaptation agenda, and learning from young leaders from around the world. In particular, young people already committed to implementing climate solutions at the local, national, regional and international level are encouraged to apply.
- The applicant must be between the age of 18-35 at the time of application.
- If selected, the applicant must be available to fully attend the program.
- Must be available to take part in 1 virtual preparatory call in August 2022.
- Participants joining in person must be able to communicate in English.
The event will have a hybrid format with an in person gathering in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The working language will be English. For participants joining online interpretation could be provided.
Applicants are asked to share and discuss their experience pertaining to climate action and related domains including, but not limited to:
- Experience in the field of implementing climate solutions.
- Familiarity with policy-making and decision-making processes.
- Connection with youth organizations/networks in their communities.
- Their motivation for participating in the Summit;
- Their motivation for continuing to shape the international adaptation agenda after the Summit has taken place.
Deadline to submit application for participation is July 10, 2022.
For more information, visit Global Youth Adaptation Summit.