Deadline: January 11, 2023
Applications for the Global Health Corps (GHC) Africa Fellowship 2023-2024 are now open. GHC welcomes young professionals from Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe to apply for paid 13 month fellowships with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia.
GHC recruits and selects highly qualified applicants with diverse skill sets and backgrounds to be placed in high-impact organizations for a 13-month fellowship. During their fellowship year, fellows make significant contributions to their placement organizations and the communities they serve. They also engage in robust leadership training and integrate into GHC’s global network.
In addition to the intensive leadership development and professional growth that the fellowship offers, the Global Health Corps fellowship includes:
- Living stipend: GHC fellows receive a living stipend.
- Professional development funds: Fellows are eligible to apply for up to $600 during the fellowship year from the GHC Professional Development Fund in order to pursue study and/or other activities that contribute to their professional development.
- Completion award: Fellows who complete the entire fellowship year in good standing and participate at the End of Year Retreat are eligible for the $1,500 completion award.
- Housing: Housing is provided for all fellows during their fellowship year.
- Health Insurance: All fellows will be provided with health insurance during the placement year. Either GHC or the placement organization arranges health insurance for fellows.
- Travel: GHC coordinates or facilitates all travel logistics for fellows to all GHC training and retreats.
- Visa/Work permit: For international fellows a valid work permit is required for the fellow to legally fulfill the fellowship in the placement country. Global Health Corps and your placement organization will guide you in completing and submitting an application.
- Be 30 years of age or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
Applications close at 12:00PM (noon) EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT. They encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can!
To submit your application:
- Create an account
- Fill out your Background information and essays; Fellowship role selection; your reference request information; and the skills and experience survey which is optional.
- You will be required to upload the following documents to your application:
- Your updated professional CV
- Identity Card: Either your National ID, Passport, or birth certificate
- Proof of degree
For more information, visit GHC Africa Fellowship.