Deadline: June 15, 2023
Applications for the German Embassy Pretoria & LIA-Leipzig International Art Programme Residency Exchange 2023 are now open. The German Embassy Pretoria and LIA-Leipzig International Art Programme would like to invite artists from Eswatini, Lesotho and South Africa to apply for a three months residency exchange in Leipzig Germany.
The Leipzig International Art Programme (LIA) is an international artist in residency programme located at the Spinnerei Leipzig, a former cotton mill and now cultural hub. LIA focuses on being a place for experiment and learning within a strong local artist community and a city rich of traditions. Local and international artists have an impact on each other while exchanging cultural experiences they are shifting the gaze.
- Free accommodation in an 83 square meter furnished studio including curated group show in the residency.
- Coverage of travel and flight, visa and health insurance costs.
- Fellowship of €76,000 per month.
- Curatorial advice by LIA director Anna-Louise Rolland.
- Group show mid-January 2024 during the Spinnerei Gallery Tour.
- Applicant must be from and be based in Eswatini, Lesotho or South Africa.
- Artist must speak comprehensible English.
Applications must comprise the following and be wrapped into one pdf file only:
- An expression of interest (500 words max.) explaining for example the project you wish to develop during the residency or research you would like to do and what interests you about working at the Spinnerei Leipzig
- A CV or biography
- Up to 6 images of your work or video/audio links
Applications must be in English and sent as one single pdf file to: [email protected], [email protected]. Application deadline is June 15, 2023 at 12 pm noon European Central Time. Successful applicants will be notified latest by June 30, 2023.
For more information, visit Residency Exchange.