Application Deadline: 16 December 2022.
The City of Cape Town is offering full-time graduate internships in specific fields related to urban sustainability. Each internship is for 12 months.
The internship provides an exciting opportunity for you to develop skills in key operational areas in the City and gain practical experience in your field.
As an intern you will be mentored by a manager within the relevant City department, and will have the opportunity to attend compulsory training workshops and interventions when necessary.
Applicants are required to be recent graduates of a tertiary institution, with a recognised degree or national diploma in a related field. Specific qualifications will be listed in the advertised post.
You are also required to have the following:
- A valid driver’s licence for selected posts
- Good planning, administration, writing, analytical and oral communication skills
- Literacy in computers, especially the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- The ability to work independently, within a team and under pressure
You must not be enrolled for further studies that coincide with the internship period.
- The City of Cape Town offers a minimum stipend of R49,08 per hour, based on a 40-hour (5-day) week, as well as limited employment benefits such as paid annual leave, sick leave and training.
As an intern, you will work in one of the following sections/branches:
- Urban design, spatial planning, development implementation, architecture or landscape architecture – Urban Planning and Design Department
- Strategic policy, organisational research, research analytics, economic analysis (Policy and Strategy Department)
The following positions are available:
- Spatial Planning Assistant
- Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Assistant
- Climate change Mitigation and Reporting Assistant
- Landscape Architect Assistant
How to Apply:
You will need to include the following in your application:
- A cover letter (maximum one page)
- A brief CV (maximum two pages) that contains the contact details of two referees
- A recent certified copy of your identity document
- A recent certified copy of your academic transcript from your tertiary institution
For More Information: