Deadline: September 15, 2022
Applications are open for the CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa Programme 2022. Developed by the Luxembourg House of Financial Technology (LHoFT) Foundation, the programme targets companies focusing on financial inclusion in Africa, aiming to build bridges with Luxembourg’s Microfinance Industry, highlighting their initiatives and very much aligned with the sustainability goals of Luxembourg’s finance center.
This 5th edition of CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa will once again leverage Luxembourg’s Inclusive Finance and Fintech ecosystem to support selected firms in developing their businesses and achieving their inclusion goals. In addition, firms will get unique exposure while participating in the Arch Summit event focusing on exploring next gen technology innovation.
This acceleration programme is a unique one-week bootcamp supporting 10 selected Fintech companies from all over Africa focusing on financial inclusion and keen to build bridges between Africa and Europe, highlighting their initiatives and very much aligned with the sustainability goals of Luxembourg’s finance centre, where the potential is huge.
- LHoFT will reimburse reasonable travel costs to reach Luxembourg, using Economy Class Airline Carrier, up to €2,000 per person/company (or equivalent).
- The participants will be hosted in the hotel selected by the LHoFT, located in Luxembourg City and for the duration of the programme.
- Breakfast and lunches will be provided, and probably some dinners as well.
- Selected firms will have, at least, a demonstrable Minimum Viable Product (“MVP”) and will likely be in the pre-seed to seed stage of funding.
- Companies must be active in the financial inclusion field, helping underserved and unbanked populations in Africa get access to financial products and services.
- Companies will submit all necessary information to the LHoFT in order to assess the viability of the project, company, background of owners and key shareholders to limit the risks of non-compliance or doubtful application to the programme.
- Companies must agree and shall provide on-going performance metrics and business status for a period of three years post programme completion to the LHoFT for the purposes of programme evaluation.
- The selected firm must guarantee that a founding team member, typically the CEO, will attend the programme for the duration of the week.
- They are particularly interested in hearing from firms in payments and related services.
Apply by September 15, 2022 to join the 5th edition of the LHoFT Fintech for Financial Inclusion acceleration programme which will be held in Luxembourg October 24-28, 2022.
For more information, visit CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa.