Application Deadline: 9 October 2023
Canon Collins Trust invites applications from current 2nd and 3rd year students (going into their 3rd and 4th year in 2024) studying for an LLB at the University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape. We will provide funding for maximum of two years. Awards in 2024 will be R40,000, per academic year. This will be paid into your student account, so initially it will go towards the cost of your fees, and any remaining funds can be used for accommodation, books, or other purposes relevant to your studies.
To apply for this scholarship you must be:
- A current second or third year LLB student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
- A national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- In possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement.
- A 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate of Law student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
- Awards will be R40,000 per academic year.
- Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years.
- Canon Collins Trust support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
How to Apply
- The deadline for applications is at 15:00 GMT on 9 October 2023.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Please do not email us to ask about the outcome of your application.
- All notifications will be by email so please make sure you provide an accurate email address.
For More Information: