Deadline: February 20, 2023
Global Fund for Women is looking for young feminist activists to join the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council (AGAC) 2023. The Global Fund for Women is a global feminist fund that envisions a world where movements for gender justice have transformed power and privilege for a few into equity and equality for all.
As a member of the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council, your voice and ideas count. Global Fund for Women wants to listen to you and, together, give adolescent girls around the world the support they need to become leaders and changemakers.
You can expect to:
- Share your knowledge and experience and advise on issues related to girls and the region you represent (girl and regional expertise)
- Give ideas and recommendations to the Adolescent Girls’ Rights team to help develop the program goal, key priorities, and ways to measure change (co-develop the Adolescent Girls’ Rights Programme Strategy)
- Identify groups and initiatives that are led by girls and that need support, whether financial, technical, or other (map girl-led groups)
- Read proposals and reports, discuss and provide suggestions for groups to fund together with Global Fund for Women staff (participate in Global Fund for Women’s grantmaking process)
- Participate in key meetings and events to ensure girls’ voices are heard (attend key convenings).
- Collaborate with Global Fund for Women staff and partners to advocate for gender justice and intergenerational leadership.
- Join the AGAC network of young feminist leaders.
- Applicants must be from the following regions: Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, Middle East and North Africa, or Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be 10 to 17 years old.
- Be a young feminist with functional spoken and written skills in English. Knowledge of one or more of the following languages is an asset: Arabic, Spanish, French, or Russian.
- Be committed and passionate about social justice.
- Be ready to use your voice and take action to bring about change.
- Believe in a world where everyone should be treated equally and fairly, a world where girls’ and women’s rights matter and are respected and upheld.
- Willing to be part of the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council for a minimum period of two years.
The Adolescent Girls Advisory Council will be made up of 12 girls who are an example of Global Fund for Women’s values: bold, collaborative, curious, and authentic. This is a two-round selection process.
For more information, visit Adolescent Girls Advisory Council.