AIDS United, with funding from ViiV Healthcare, is pleased to announce the opportunity for grant support through the Conexiones Positivas: Positive Connections Initiative. For this initiative, AIDS United will provide $100,000 in low barrier grant funds to organizations supporting Hispanic/Latinx gay, bisexual and transgender men who are from communities most affected by and vulnerable to HIV.
The goals of Conexiones Positivas: Positive Connections are to:
- Use a low barrier grantmaking approach to enhance the investment in and strengthen the networks, leadership and support of Hispanic / Latinx gay, bisexual and transmasculine communities to educate and lessen stigma regarding HIV / AIDS.
- Enhance the capacity of funded organizations through culturally humble, competent, and linguistically accessible technical assistance and capacity building.
- Support the creation and enhancement of local community networks, as well as leverage national partnerships to support connection and lessen isolation.
- Support innovative advocacy and education efforts focused on stigma reduction based on grantees’ local, state and federal interest through community-identified approaches.
The program’s strategies will focus on three areas:
- increasing grassroots mobilization of people living with HIV.
- Identifying and developing leaders living with HIV.
- Increasing meaningful involvement of people living with HIV in their organization.
- Maxim um annual awards will be $ 10,000 – $ 20,000 to six to eight grantee organizations serving and advocating for people living with HIV. Each applicant’s full proposal must demonstrate how they will meet the program’s three strategies.
Sites that are regional, community and faith-based organizations including, but not limited to, AIDS service organizations, federally qualified health centers and / or established networks of people living with HIV are invited to apply if they meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Documented Non-Profit Status – Applicants must be non-profit, tax-exempt organizations, per the guidelines set forth by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with proper 501 (c) 3 status.
- Organizational Viability – Organizations should be viable with or without the grant. These funds are not intended to help start new organizations or serve as a replacement for discontinued funding.
- Representation Table – Hispanic / Latinx representation of people living with HIV is REQUIRED. Organizations that cannot or do not demonstrate a minimum of 51% PLHIV in the representation table at all levels will NOT be considered.
- Annual budget should not exceed $ 1,000,000.
For more information, visit https://aidsunited.org/new-funding-opportunity-conexiones-positivas-positive-connections/