African Development Bank (AfDB) also regularly referred to as AfDB is Africa’s leading development finance institution. The body promotes economic growth and support projects across the African continent. With 54 countries in Africa making up the core membership and 80 members overall, the institution hopes to reduce poverty in Africa. The African Development Bank Internship Programme 2019 is here for young Africans to join them in advancing the organisation’s objectives.
The African Development it Bank Internship Programme 2019 is part of a wider Talent Management Framework which facilitates the Bank to deliver on the Ten Year Strategy and the High 5s.
Selection into the African Development it Bank Internship Programme 2019 is on merit. As long as you meet the needs of the organisation, you stand a high chance of being selected.
Objectives of the AfDB Internship Programme 2019
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes. But iinternship does not guarantee a job in future.
Duties and responsibilities
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank’s field offices or Regional Centres.
Terms and Conditions for the African Development Bank Internship Programme 2019
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
- Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
Application is expected to meet the following criteria:
- Students, aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree.
- Citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
Strategic Focus areas
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
How to apply
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Simply go here to apply
The application deadline is May 14th 2019
The 2019 Internship Program starts in mid-July 2019 through December 2019
The website for the program is at afdb.org/en/about-us/careers
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct: [email protected]